The official start of summer is less than a week away, and temperatures here in North Carolina already feel like summer. If you’re feeling the heat like we are, chill out with a sweet treat that boasts a secret ingredient. (Spoiler alert: It’s Turmeric!)
Today we’re sharing a delightfully simple summer recipe that highlights this fantastic herb. TurmericBoost Restore meets creamy coconut milk, fresh lime juice and mango. Thanks to those last two ingredients, these ice pops are packed with vitamin C. After just one bite, close your eyes and imagine you’re in a tropical paradise. (Tip: Use full-fat coconut milk for a truly tropical taste.)
The next time the heat gets to you, take five (or 10!) with these cool, refreshing Creamy Tropical Turmeric Paletas, from Amy Fischer, R.D.
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2–3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 serving TurmericBoost Restore
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Add more sweeteners to taste.
- Divide the mixture into 4 ice pop molds, and freeze for at least 4 hours.
Amy Fischer is a registered dietitian and recipe developer who specializes in green living, nutrition and wellness.