As all tea lovers know, there is something uniquely comforting about cozying up with a fragrant, steaming mug of your favorite brew. That is especially true during the fall, when the cooler weather invites us to slow down, turn inward, and enjoy the moment. Tea is more than just a soothing beverage, though. Adding herbal tea to your daily routine is a small change that may have big benefits in supporting your emotional and physical well-being.
Top 6 Reasons to Love Tea
- Tea is easy to make. In the time it takes to boil a kettle of water, plus a few more minutes to steep, your tea is ready to enjoy.
- Tea is a convenient way to consume herbs. Tea is good hot or iced, so it’s appealing during any season. It’s also portable. Prepare it at home and pour into a to-go container or take a handful of tea bags to your office or anywhere there’s hot water available.
- Tea helps you be mindful. Many people find sitting down with a steaming cup of tea makes them feel instantly calm and peaceful. It’s like the world slows down for a few minutes when you take a tea break.
- Tea comes in a variety of delicious flavors. Do you like earthy flavors, delicate notes, or fruity tastes? The good news is Gaia Herbs has a full line of herbal teas to choose from. Try a few and you’re sure to find one you’ll love.
- Tea is good for you. There’s a Gaia Herbs tea to support many different conditions, whether you are having difficulty nursing, prone to digestive discomfort, concerned about the health of your heart, or looking for a daily ritual to help center yourself.*
- Tea is a healthy alternative to coffee or soda. Getting into the habit of drinking herbal tea is a big help if you’re trying to cut your intake of sugar, artificial sweeteners, or caffeine. All Gaia Herbs teas are caffeine-free, and you control how much and what kind of sweetener to add!
Some of our Favorite Teas
The Gaia Herbs tea line consists of twelve unique formulas, each one delicious, aromatic, and caffeine-free. While it’s hard to choose, here are five of our favorites:
- Sinus Comfort Tea — A helpful balm for the cold weather season, this tea supports sinus wellness with the flavors and aromas of Rosemary, Sage, Oregano, Thyme, and Ginger.*
- Essential Tulsi Tea — Tulsi is the Sanskrit name for the Holy Basil plant and is known today as an Adaptogen.* Nourish your well-being with this Earthy, fragrant brew which includes both the leaf and essential oil of Holy Basil and can help you feel centered as it supports a healthy response to the stresses of life.*
- Cleanse and Detox Tea — Traditional purifying herbs such as Burdock and Artichoke combine with antioxidant Rooibos and Aloe Vera in this liver-supporting blend of herbs, flavored with Lemon and Peppermint.*
- Sleep and Relax Tea — Sweet and fruity, this relaxing herbal tea helps ready your body for restorative sleep with Organic Lemon Balm, Passionflower, and Chamomile.* Sweet dreams!
- Throat Shield Tea — Soothing Licorice, Marshmallow, and Sage blanket scratchy throats and help protect your voice, while Peppermint cools and invigorates in this delightful tea.*
All Gaia Herbs teas come in foil-lined, flavor-seal pouches that preserve the efficacy and flavor of our teas.* Additionally, our Earth-friendly tea bags are tied without the use of staples or glue to make composting them a snap.
We wish you a happy, healthy fall that’s just your cup of tea!
And stay tuned as later this week we will be publishing a second blog post highlighting some of our favorite fall recipes that feature tea.